Covid Vaccinations (updated October 2022)
We are not administering covid vaccinations at the WellBN practices this season, but we will do what we can to help our patients obtain the vaccine. If you are elegible, you will be invited by the NHS. Please beware of scam invitations.
This article provides the following useful infomation
- Who can get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Getting your covid-19 vaccine (16+)
- Covid vaccinations for 5-15 year olds
- Housebound Patients
- Having your vaccine after testing positive for Covid-19
- Covid team contact details if you are having concerns aboyt obtaining your vaccine
- Free transport to get to the covid vaccine centre
- Covid vaccine testing and scam alert
- How to get at referal to the Covid vaccine Allergy Servie via your GP
- How to request a GP letter
- Submit a query regarding the covid vaccine
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine?
- 1st and 2nd doses – for everyone aged 5 and above
- children and young people who are aged 5 to 17 year olds are offered a 2nd dose at 12 weeks from 1st vaccine
- children and young people who are at high risk from COVID-19 are offered a 2nd dose at 8 weeks
- adults aged 18 and over are offered a 2nd dose at 8 weeks from 1st vaccine
- Booster vaccine – for everyone aged 16 and above, and young people aged 12 to 15 who are at high risk of COVID-19
- You can have it at 3 months (91 days) rom your 2nd vaccine
The NHS will roll out Autumn booster vaccines from mid-September. People who are eligible will be invited to book their vaccination starting with those who are most susceptible to serious illness from COVID-19. Please wait to be invited Find out more.