01273 772020

Housing Support

by | Feb 7, 2024 | Social Prescribing, WellBN

Southdown housing Support

Eligibility for Southdown :

The service is available to adults who require support to transition into an independent tenancy from:

  • supported accommodation for homeless adults or young people
  • mental health supported accommodation
  • emergency accommodation
  • rough sleeping


  • have been referred for a private rented sector accommodation scheme and requires support to manage an independent tenancy
  • are experiencing issues living in independent accommodation and have been a former client of the service

Additional support offer for people under mental health services

We have an additional offer of support for people specifically under specialist and secondary mental health services with housing support needs.

The service is aimed at people aged 18+ who need housing support to manage their own accommodation or prevent homelessness. We can offer support with planning a move and resettlement into new accommodation. For people who are homeless or in commissioned supported accommodation, we can also offer support with accessing independent accommodation.

BHCC https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/housing

BHT https://www.bht.org.uk/services/legal-advice/brighton-advice-centre/brighton-specialist-housing-advice/

National help with homelessness https://homeless.org.uk/about-us/

Homelessness https://www.uok.org.uk/tags/housing-homelessness

The NEW Pharmacy First Service

The NEW Pharmacy First Service

Under the new NHS Pharmacy First scheme, you can visit a pharmacist to receive advice and treatment for some simple illnesses, instead of going to see your doctor